Why, after 5 whole seasons, did I decide to start now? Well, Netflix, mostly. All five seasons were available for instant streaming, so I figured I'd give it a go. The black smoke monster (and Sawyer) sucked me right in.
For the record:
- I'm an unabashed member of Team Sawyer. To me, Jack is pretty much the most unlikable character in the series. Kate runs a close second. It perturbed me immensely that Kate and Jack came back and ruined the good life that Sawyer and Juliet had made for themselves. It also bothered me that Kate told Claire's mom that she was going back to the island to find Claire, yet she never made any real attempt to look for her.
- I'm pretty sure that Ben is a (the?) good guy.
- I miss Charlie and Claire and the real John Locke.
- I'm not sure what to think about (not really)Locke/The Man in Black at this point, but I'm still sorting that out.
- Of all the other characters, Miles is easily my favorite. I seem to have a soft spot for creepy and/or rude guys with good one-liners (see also: Sawyer, Ben).
I cannot believe how much I've been missing out on for all these years. And now, there are only 18 episodes before the end.
*I also cannot believe I just devoted an entire post to a television program.